Tech Knowledge - Miller Canfield Technology Tools and Tips
Remote Access for Miller Canfield Personnel
We utilize VMware Horizon View client software to connect to the Firm and run a Windows 7 virtual computing session. This will run on a Windows pc, a Mac, an iPad, an Android tablet, an iPhone or an Android phone. We require two-factor authentication via a SecurID token for additional security.
Prerequisites for a Virtual Computing Session
- Your computer or device must meet a minimum operating system (OS) level.
- Windows PC - Windows 7 SP1 (v6.1 build 7601) or greater
- Mac - OS X v10.7 (Mountain Lion) or greater
- iPad, iPhone, Android device - the respective Appstore will indicate the minimum OS level required when you install the app.
- You must install the VMware Horizon View client software on the computer or device you will connect with.
- You must be setup with a SecurID security token.
Q. Where do I get the VMware Horizon View Client software?
Directions for Use
Once you have met the prerequisites, start the VMware Horizon View Client software on your computer or device and use view.mcps.com as the server name. Follow the prompts and take the defaults to get connected.
Miller Canfield Helpdesk Phone Number (24/7) - 313.496.7681