Miller Canfield’s Product Safety team specializes in representing global manufacturers and importers in matters related to warranty and recall regulations. We advise clients on:
- Compliance with state, federal and international laws, including the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) and the E.U.’s Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical Substances (REACh) regulations
- Implementation of contractual supply chain protections
- Design of product literature and warnings
- Investigation of product defect issues
- Representation before regulatory agencies, including the National Highway Safety and Traffic Administration and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.