Miller Canfield Discusses the Aftermath of the Affirmative Action Decision in Michigan
Please join the team of labor and employment attorneys from Miller Canfield when they address legal obligations and compliance requirements for Michigan entities that may be impacted by the passage of Proposal 2 at five timely breakfast meetings throughout the state.
This newly enacted constitutional amendment prohibits public institutions from using affirmative action programs that give "preferential treatment" to groups or individuals based on their race, gender, color, ethnicity or national origin for public employment, education or contracting purposes. Public institutions that will be affected by this amendment include state and local entities involved in education, public employment and contracting.
The schedule for “The Aftermath of the Affirmative Action Decision in Michigan” is as follows. All briefings are 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and are complimentary with advance reservations.
• DETROIT - Tuesday, November 28 – Available as a Webinar or live at Wayne State University, McGregor Memorial Conference Center, 495 Ferry Rd., Detroit. Webinar access instructions will be provided upon registration.
• ANN ARBOR - Tuesday, December 5 – Kensington Court Hotel, 610 Hilton Blvd, Ann Arbor
• TROY - Wednesday, December 6 – Somerset Inn, 2401 W. Big Beaver, Troy
• LANSING - Thursday, December 7 – Radisson Hotel, 111 N. Grand Avenue, Lansing
• GRAND RAPIDS/KALAMAZOO - Friday, December 8 – Amway Grand Plaza, 187 Monroe NW, Grand Rapids
Please register with Virginia Herrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313/496-7548. There is no cost to attend, but space is limited.
The 350-attorney law firm of Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, P.L.C. was established in Detroit in 1852 and has offices in Ann Arbor, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Howell, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Monroe, Saginaw, and Troy, Michigan. Other offices are located in New York City, Naples and Pensacola, Florida, Windsor, Ontario, and in Gdynia, Warsaw, and Wroclaw, Poland. Visit www.millercanfield.com.