Miller Canfield Presents "Hiring Foreign Nationals: What You Need to Know"
The law firm of Miller Canfield presents “Hiring Foreign Nationals: What You Need to Know,” on Tuesday, May 12, from 8:30-11:00 a.m. at the Westin Southfield/Detroit (1500 Town Center, Southfield).
Join Miller Canfield for an update on what employers need to consider when hiring foreign nationals to work in the U.S. Topics to be discussed include:
- Labor and Employment Laws: Discrimination; Unemployment; Workers’ Compensation
- Criminal Issues: U.S. Drinking Laws and Penalties; Employer Liability
- Tax Issues: Income Tax Obligations; Withholding Obligations; Social Security
- Immigration: Compliance Issues
- Employee Benefits: Pension Plans; Secondment Agreements; Employment Agreements
- Estate Planning: Powers of Attorney; Patient Advocate; Overseas Assets; Estate Tax
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. There is no cost to attend. Breakfast is included. Reservations are required. Contact Sandy Bera at 248.267.3345 or email email@example.com, or click here to register online.
The Miller Canfield presenters are Adam Forman, attorney, labor and employment law; Gerald Gleeson, attorney, criminal and civil litigation; Gary Glenn, attorney, federal tax; Christopher McMican, attorney, employee benefits; Dawn Schluter, attorney, personal services; and Karen McAmmond, immigration services business manager.