Miller Canfield Offers Training Seminars to Help Employers Comply with New FMLA Regulations
In November the U.S. Department of Labor published final revised regulations for the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in the Federal Register. The new rules will go into effect on January 16, 2009.
Given the sweeping breadth of the new rules, employers should immediately focus on understanding the changes that will be required in day-to-day FMLA administration and to existing written FMLA policies.
To assist with this effort, Miller Canfield attorneys specializing in FMLA administration and compliance will be hosting a series of FMLA seminars across Michigan according to the following schedule:
- TROY - Tuesday, December 2, 2008 – Somerset Inn
- LANSING – Tuesday, December 9, 2008 – Radisson Hotel
- ANN ARBOR – Wednesday, December 10, 2008 – Kensington Court
- GRAND RAPIDS – Thursday, December 11, 2008 – Amway Grand Plaza
- DETROIT – Tuesday, December 16, 2008 – Wayne State University McGregor Conference Center
- SAGINAW – Wednesday, December 17, 2008 – Sheraton Four Points
- KALAMAZOO - Wednesday, January 7, 2009 - Western Michigan University Fetzer Center
The seminar begins with registration and continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m., with the FMLA presentation from 8:00 a.m. 10:00 a.m. Cost is only $25 per person with advance reservations. If you have special accommodation needs or questions and to RSVP, contact Virginia Herrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313.496.7548. Click here to register online.
This program has been approved for 2.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).