Miller Canfield Ranks First in Michigan for Municipal Bond Work
The law firm of Miller Canfield announces that it again ranks first among Michigan bond counsel law firms in the 2007 Bond Counsel Rankings by Thomson Financial, completing 135 long term new bond issues totaling $3.38 billion. The firm has been the number one bond counsel in Michigan every year in the ranking’s 28-year history.
Miller Canfield has the largest group of municipal finance specialists in the state of Michigan specializing in capital projects and infrastructure improvements, economic development projects, environmental response projects, government and regulatory affairs, hospitals, housing, litigation, labor and employment, and local, and state and federal tax.
In 2007 Miller Canfield wrote opinions on 135 municipal bond issues in Michigan, including bonds for:
• Water supply system upgrades for New Buffalo Township, Escanaba, Ypsilanti, Kalamazoo and Monroe County
• New schools for Marysville Public School District and Lapeer Community Schools
• Michigan’s School Loan Revolving Fund (Bond Buyer’s 2007 Midwest Deal of the Year)
• New library for Delta Township, new village hall and police building for the Village of Schoolcraft and a new municipal building for Dundee
• Electric utility system improvements for the City of Marshall
• Parking facilities for East Lansing and Grosse Pointe
• Sanitary sewage treatment plant improvements for Marquette, Cadillac, Caro and sewer authorities in Berrien and Washtenaw Counties
• New buildings for Thomas M. Cooley Law School, University of Detroit Mercy, Lansing Community College, Wolverine Human Services, Monroe County, Chesterfield Township, and the American Cancer Society
• Hospital facilities improvements for Kalkaska County Hospital Authority and University of Michigan Hospital
• Brownfield improvements for Redford Township and City of Dowagiac
• A new sewer, water main and main street in Gwinn
• Additional improvements to the airfield, security, parking, and access road ways for the Wayne County Airport Authority
• Road improvements for Kalamazoo, Redford Township, Bruce Township, Elmwood Township, Rives Township, and Bedford Township
• Debt refinancings for Traverse City, Monroe County and Scio Township
With 379 attorneys practicing in all major areas of law, Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, P.L.C. is among the 200 largest law firms in the U.S. and is Michigan’s largest and oldest law firm.
The firm was established in Detroit in 1852 and currently employs 800 in offices in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, New York, Canada and Poland.