Before the Bell Breakfast Forum: The JOBS Act
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (the "JOBS Act") is designed to open capital markets for emerging growth companies and provide broader access to capital for small startup companies. Portions of the Securities Act of 1933 have changed by allowing non-accredited investors to invest in these companies.
Discussions will include:
- review of regulations affecting IPO's
- easing of restrictions on financing closely held and start up ventures through "crowd funding"
- role of brokers and "funding portals" as intermediaries in the sale of securities
- new SEC rules and warnings for investors in crowd funding securities
- updates to private placement rules under Regulation D
7:15 AM - 8:30 AM
The Townsend Hotel
There is no cost to attend; space is limited to registered representatives, investment advisors and trust officers; advance reservations required.
Sandy Bera 248.267.3345