What Does Right-to-Work Mean for Michigan Employers?
This program has been approved for 1.50 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Discussions will include the new “Freedom to Work” Act(s) including:
- When does the law take effect?
- Are all employers affected?
- How does it affect non-union employers?
- Will there be fewer organizational campaigns?
- Are unions done?
- What about existing labor agreements?
- If we have a union do we still have to collect dues? Should we?
- Do we need to change our work rules?
- What do we do if workers are getting harassed for not paying dues?
- Does the Union still represent those who don’t pay?
- If they don’t pay, can they still file grievances?
- What if a majority of our employees don’t pay, is the union gone?
- Our employees don’t seem to understand. Shouldn’t we try to explain the law to our employees?
Registration + Continental Breakfast
8:00 - 9:30 AM
$25 to attend. Prepayment required. Register by 1.22.13.
Virginia Herrick | 313.496.7548