If you are committed to excellence and you'd like to join our team, we welcome your application. Current attorney and other professional openings are listed below. In the event that we are fully staffed, please send us your cover letter, resume, transcript, and other materials as requested--we'll keep them on file, should our needs change in the upcoming months.
Miller Canfield, an international law firm, is seeking an experienced Assistant Controller to assist in managing the Accounting Department. The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience with all aspects of the operational and financial issues associated with cash receipts, client billing, accounts payable, payroll processing, general ledger management and preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Calculate, post and verify financial data for use in the maintenance of the general ledger and accounting and statistical records. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring daily cash flows, preparing cash projections, revenue and expense review, preparation of balance sheet schedules, performing month-end and year-end close, preparation and review of various bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements and marketing reports
- Manage and prepare Firm analytics reports, statistical surveys and year-end reporting such as profitability reports
- Develop the Firm’s annual budget and analyze the monthly budget to actual variances
- Oversee the procurement of assets and maintain the asset and depreciation schedules
- Oversee the management of accounting functions related to the expense lines of the financial statements, including review, improvement and implementation of processes and software related to those functions
- Assist in preparing/review of all governmental filings and taxes, including property and business tax
- Assist with annual third party review of the financial statements, including preparation of all supporting schedules, published financial statements and related footnotes. Present accounting information and data in accordance with modified cash basis of accounting with consideration of relevant industry standards
- Prepare materials for financial presentations and analyses, as required
- Serve as backup to payroll
- Maintain day-to-day banking and investment relationships. Manage various accounting projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA a plus).
- 3-5 years of experience as an accounting manager or assistant controller
- Strong Excel knowledge/experience required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while remaining organized and efficient
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mindset, with experience in problem solving a plus.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Needleman, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.