Miller Canfield provides efficient and strategic cross-border legal, business, and tax services to global manufacturers and other enterprises with operations in Mexico.
Our team of attorneys in the U.S., Canada, Poland, and China work collaboratively with those on the ground in Monterrey to assist clients looking to establish, expand, sell or consolidate operations in Mexico. Clients count on Miller Canfield to structure deals that optimize trade, treaty and tax regulations.
Global business services include:
- Plant closings and consolidations
- Establishing operations in Mexico, including Maquila and Immex registrations
- Joint ventures, mergers and foreign acquisitions
- International finance and banking
- Labor and employment matters for union and non-union facilities
- Domestic and foreign tax structures and issues
- NAFTA, CAFTA and other trade agreements
- Supply agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Sales and distributorship agreements
- Intellectual property protection
- Real estate acquisitions/dispositions
- International arbitration
- Customs and import/export licensing
- Compliance with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Our experienced attorneys in Mexico also advise and assist companies looking to do business in the U.S., Canada, the E.U. and China. With Miller Canfield’s assistance and counsel, clients worldwide can focus on new supply sources, growing markets and global opportunities in the automotive, electronics, pharmaceutical, medical devices, food products, environmental, I.T., manufacturing, hotel, real estate and financial services industries.
Practicing in association and not in partnership with Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, P.L.C.