News & Events

Print PDF
Share

Miller Canfield's Kalamazoo Office Officially Relocates to New, State-of-the Art Facility

March 5, 2008

The law firm of Miller Canfield is pleased to announce that its Kalamazoo office has relocated to a 32,000 square-foot suite on the top two floors of the newly constructed Miller Canfield Building at 277 South Rose Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The facility is the first Class A office building to be constructed in the downtown area in more than twenty years. At the 2006 groundbreaking, local dignitaries and business leaders heralded the project as an important new development for the central city. It is hoped to become a catalyst for other development.

The move marks notable growth for the firm’s Kalamazoo office. When Brown, Colman & DeMent merged with Miller Canfield in 1984, the firm had 18 lawyers. It now employs 40 lawyers and 36 staff members. Said John Cook, who heads the office, “We’re pleased to be a part of Kalamazoo’s renaissance. This new building represents our commitment to the community, while the state-of-the-art facility will allow us to expand and provide services to clients around the block, and around the world.”

Miller Canfield 's Kalamazoo office is well-known for its expertise in the areas of business law, securities, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, banking, intellectual property, bankruptcy, litigation, labor, tax, health law, and corporate discovery management services.

The law firm of Miller Canfield was established in Detroit in 1852 and employs 800 in offices in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, New York, Canada and Poland.