Immigration ABCs from H-1Bs to PERM: What You Need to Know About Hiring Foreign Nationals and Compliance
- September 22, 2011Miller Canfield (Chicago)
- October 6, 2011The 10.6.11 date is full. Please register for the 10.13.11 date.
- October 13, 2011Miller Canfield (Troy)
8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Immigration Terminology and Basic Documents
9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
- H-1B - specialty/professional occupations
- L-1 - Intra-company transfers
- TN - Trade NAFTA
- F-1 - Students
- J-1 - Exchange Visitors/Interns
- B-1 - Business Visitors
10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
- EB-1 - International Managers/Executives
- EB-2 - Advance Degree professionals or Exceptional Ability
- EB-3 - Professionals/Skilled Workers
- PERM Labor Certification process
10:45 - 11:30 a.m.
- Labor Condition Application Files
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
There is no cost to attend. Space is limited. Advance reservations required.
Participants may attend all or part of the training.