International Business Briefing: Legal Compliance When Doing Business in Emerging Markets, the E.U. and U.S.
Canadian companies need to pay close attention to geopolitical and legal risks when doing business globally – even if only sending e-mails, data or documents. The compliance requirements are even greater for Canadian firms working with their
subsidiaries and operations in the U.S. and E.U.
Members of Miller Canfield's International Law Team will discuss:
Compliance with Anti-Corruption Requirements
- Canada’s Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act
- U.S.’s Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- UK’s Bribery Act of 2010
Complying with Export Controls
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in the U.S.
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR) in the U.S.
- Canadian Export and Import Permits Act
- Specific exemptions for Canadian companies
Metropolitan Hotel Toronto (Directions)
There is no cost to attend. Space is limited. Advance reservations required by March 23.
Sandy Bera 248.267.3345