Miller Canfield has extensive experience drafting and reviewing legislation on a broad range of legal issues impacting governmental units. We have been involved with drafting state law provisions on virtually all aspects of public finance, including:
- Laws authorizing governmental borrowing
- Creation of new special-purpose municipal authorities
- Economic development incentives and tools
- Intergovernmental cooperation
- Investment of public funds and other governmental powers
We regularly assist our clients in analyzing proposed legislation to keep our clients informed of changes to State laws which may impact their finances and operations.