Miller Canfield represents and counsels governmental entities on real estate related matters and has represented local governments throughout Michigan. Our public-finance practice has long been recognized as a leader, having completed hundreds of billions of dollars of transactions for governmental entities, particularly in Michigan, Florida and Illinois.
Our coordinated state-wide practice emphasizes a multi-disciplined approach, bringing to bear the talents and creativity of our professionals in a variety of related fields, including real estate, tax, environmental and bond counsel.
Governmental services include:
- State and Local Tax Incentives
- Public/private projects, including tax increment financing and tax abatements
- Implementing legislative, regulatory and litigation strategies in jurisdictions throughout Michigan, nationally and internationally
- Zoning and land use
- Casino gaming matters
- Low income/affordable housing projects
- Property tax appeals and exemptions, including representation of taxing authorities