Medicinal Cannabis: A Legal Briefing For Illinois Licensees
Miller Canfield attorneys Dionne Hayden, Jeffrey Drake and Larry Woodard will discuss important issues for business owners.
Brand Protection: Names, Logos and Formulas
- How do I build, maintain and protect my marijuana brand?
- Can I protect my marijuana brand by obtaining a trademark?
- How can I protect my proprietary marijuana formula?
- An employee with access to my proprietary formula just quit and is going to work for a competitor – now what?
Effective Employee Agreements, CUMMPPA Compliance and Best Employment Practices
- How do I hire employees that comply with CUMMPPA and other applicable state laws?
- How do I create effective and enforceable employment and non-compete agreements?
- How do I develop state law complaint practices and policies for my employees?
- Employees vs. independent contractors – what are the best practices?
Real Estate Leases, Zoning Issues and Your Neighbors
- Is the sale or cultivation of medicinal cannabis a nuisance, noxious or offensive use under my lease?
- What terms should I negotiate into my lease to allow the sale or cultivation of medicinal cannabis – to avoid issues down the road?
- How do I structure my real estate interest to protect assets?
- What zoning and property issues will I confront if purchasing property for distribution or cultivation?
- How do I combat neighbors who may object to a cannabis distribution or cultivation center?
- What operational structures should I implement to avoid landlord or neighbor lawsuits?