University of Detroit Mercy School of Law/University of Windsor Faculty of Law, J.D./J.D., 2011
Ryerson University, B.A., 2008
- Canada/Province of Ontario
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
Ms. Georgieva is licensed to practice law in Michigan, Florida, and Ontario, Canada. As an attorney licensed in both Canada and the United States, she provides a unique perspective to domestic and international clients. Ms. Georgieva’s practice focuses on representing vehicle manufacturers and major parts suppliers on complex product safety regulatory issues and related litigation matters.
Having served as counsel for some of the largest multinational manufacturers and distributors of a variety of products in widely publicized multidistrict litigation, she has developed expertise in handling cross-border and multi-jurisdictional issues, coordinating resolution efforts, managing discovery, including electronic data and jurisdictional discovery, and taking and defending company witness and expert depositions, in high-exposure product liability cases.
Ms. Georgieva serves as National Discovery Counsel and provides discovery counseling services to domestic and foreign clients in the automotive industry.
Ms. Georgieva also counsels clients in product safety regulatory compliance matters involving the Department of Transportation ("DOT") and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ("NHTSA"). In this capacity, she collaborates closely with clients to:
- Implement internal programs to ensure compliance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards ("FMVSS") and TREAD Act;
- Advise clients on regulatory and liability issues raised by automated/autonomous vehicle technologies and corresponding reporting obligations and risk management strategies;
- Coordinate recalls and voluntary product replacement programs;
- Conduct defect investigations and respond to NHTSA inquiries;
- Analyze warranty and TREAD data to identify trends in complaints and claims;
- Develop proactive risk management strategy with a goal of avoiding potential class action and pattern litigation.
Prior to joining Miller Canfield, Ms. Georgieva spent four years as a trial attorney, defending the interests of domestic and foreign companies in complex product liability litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States and Canada.
Defense Research Institute
Florida State Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
Law Society of Upper Canada
German-American Chamber of Commerce
Mentoring: Everyone's Talking About It…But Are You Doing It?, DRI’s Sharing Success: The Newsletter of the Women in the Law Committee, Volume 4, Issue 2, December 12, 2014
The Changing Scope Of Expert Witness Disclosures, Law 360, November 29, 2011 (co-author)
Amended FRCP 26: Not a Carte Blanche to 'Over-Daubert', LJN's Product Liability, Law & Strategy, Volume 19, Number 11, March 2012 (co-author)
Ontario Court of Appeal Decision Introduces New Standard for Summary Judgment, Newsletter (co-author)
Recent Supreme Court Decisions Further Restrict Jurisdiction of U.S. Courts Over Foreign Defendants, Newsletter (co-author)