Changes in Green Building Due Diligence: Finding Opportunities While Minimizing Risk
7:15 AM Registration/Coffee
7:30 AM Breakfast/Discussion
8:30 AM Adjournment
You are invited to join other in-house counsel in or near Oakland County for the September 10 meeting of Cappucino with Counsel. This informal breakfast meeting is formatted to feature a hot topic over hot breakfast each month.
The September discussion, facilitated by Miller Canfield environmental attorney, Anna Maiuri along with leader of Miller Canfield's Climate Change Practice Team and co-chair of the ASTM Legal Sub-Committee Mark J. Bennett, will provide insight into the proposed new standard.
ASTM International Committee E50 is developing a proposed standard for collection and disclosure of energy use information associated with buildings involved in real estate transactions, ASTM WK24707, Guide for Building Energy Performance Disclosure. This development reflects an evolving national regulatory trend focused on transactional energy disclosure for real estate sales and leases.
Some areas that will be covered in the screening process include:
- benchmarking against peer buildings as determined by green building certification and rating systems
- electrical consumption and cost
- oil, natural gas, and steam consumption and cost
- water consumption and cost
- carbon dioxide emissions, carbon footprint, carbon neutral potential
- applicable energy efficiency ordinances/codes (local/federal)
- applicable economic incentives, credits and grants for energy efficiency improvements (federal/state/local/utility)
- status of the property's green building certification/ratings including LEED, Energy Star and Capital Markets Partnership (CMP) among others
Oakland Hills Country Club
3951 West Maple Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI
There is no cost to attend. Space is limited. Advance reservations required by Tuesday, September 8.