Michigan State University College of Law, J.D. 2014
Michigan State University Eli Broad Graduate School of Management, M.B.A. 2014
Michigan State University, B.A. 2010
Lauren Verbiscus is a lawyer in the Banking and Real Estate group.
She represents national, regional and local financial institutions in real estate, construction, working capital, equipment and aircraft financing, including syndicated transactions, tax credit and other government supported financings and asset-based lending. She assists in the preparation, drafting, and negation of a variety of commercial loan documents including secured, unsecured, and asset-backed agreements. Her transactional real estate experience includes representation of financial institutions in all aspects of real estate finance. She reviews leases, organizational documents, title and survey. She also assists financial institutions in reviewing policies, documents, and transactions for regulatory and compliance matters.
- Represented national bank in aircraft financing to a west coast airline for the acquisition of multiple new commercial aircraft carriers.
- Represented national bank in financing the purchase of a $46,500,000 Bombardier aircraft.
- Represented regional bank in multi-stage financing for the acquisition and construction of a mixed-use retail/commercial and residential project in both Grand Rapids, Michigan and Lansing, Michigan.
- Represented a national bank in construction financing for the renovation and rehabilitation of a local businesses’ office space.
- Represented a national bank in multiple SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 financings for local Michigan businesses in several industries, including, without limitation, the automotive, manufacturing, health care, and food and beverage sectors.
- Represented a national bank in $100,000,000 syndicated credit facility for a waste industry client.
- Represented a participant bank in the re-financing of working capital facilities for an international fast food chain.
- Review private flood insurance flood policies for compliance with the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968, Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973, the Biggert Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012, and the FEMA Standard Flood Insurance Policies,
- Assists financial institutions in consumer loan transactions for compliance with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and related acts.
- Assists the Accounting Aid Society in preparing federal and state income tax returns for low-income individuals to ensure that they receive credits, exemptions, deductions, and benefits they are entitled to.
Michigan State University College of Law
Summa Cum Laude
Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient
Academic Excellence Merit Scholarship Recipient
Women in Law Leadership Council
Women’s Law Caucus, Community Services Representative 2011-2012, Vice President 2012-2013
International Law Review
Jurisprudence Award in Research, Writing and Advocacy.
Michigan State University, Eli Broad Graduate School of Management, M.B.A. in Supply Chain Management
Michigan State University
B.A. in International Relations, B.A. in Spanish, B.A. in Comparative Cultures & Politics and Specializations in International Development and Latin American & Caribbean Studies
Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society
Honors College Member
American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Banking Law Section, Commercial Finance Section
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
“Economic Globalization and the Need for Legal Innovation” – Michigan State University International Law Review, Vol. 21, Issue 3, Spring 2013