Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D.
University of Illinois-Chicago, M.Arch
New York University, B.A.
Gretchen M. Kubasiak concentrates in construction law, real estate and related property matters. Her practice also includes the administration of estates and trusts. She has represented a range of construction and real estate industry clients dealing with a variety of issues.
Most recently, she has represented a major medical hospital in a dispute with its design team over the construction of a new hospital and a general contractor in a dispute with a subcontractor over an adaptive reuse project of a landmark building. In addition, she represents an international manufacturer of component parts in the negotiating and drafting of supply contracts to OEMs
- Represented a major medical center in a dispute with its design team over the construction of a new hospital.
- Represented a general contractor in a dispute with a subcontractor over an adaptive reuse project of a landmark building.
- Represented an international manufacturer of component parts in negotiating and drafting supply contracts with OEMs.
- Represented family owned farm business in estate planning and transferring business to next generation through gifting interests in LLCs.
- Represented client in structuring an estate plan that transferred substantial real estate holdings to a private foundation.
- Represented an estate in Estate Tax examination regarding valuation of a closely held business consisting primarily of real estate.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Construction Law and Land Use
Land Use: Building American Cities (Seminar)