Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2012
University of Michigan, B.A., Communications & Psychology, 2007
Ms. Haverty-Harris focuses her practice on defending automotive product liability and breach of warranty matters, but has significant experience defending clients in general product liability, subrogation, No-Fault, premises liability, and breach of contract cases.
She has served as counsel for vehicle manufacturers and other large corporate clients through all phases of complex litigation – from developing case strategy through protracted discovery and trial. She has successfully argued hundreds of motions, coordinated resolution efforts, managed electronic discovery, taken and defended numerous key fact and expert witness depositions, and served as defense trial counsel in several high exposure cases. Ms. Haverty-Harris also counsels clients in product safety regulatory compliance matters involving the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Before attending law school, she worked in business development for a large Detroit law firm.
Wayne State University Law School:
• Journal of Law in Society
- Managing Editor (2011-2012)
- Associate Editor (2010-2011)
• Mock Trial/Student Trial Advocacy Program
- Vice Commissioner (2011-2012)
- Junior Member and Winter Semester Semi-Finalist (2010-2011)
• Women’s Law Caucus
- Executive Board, Events Chair (2010-2011)
- Junior Member (2009-2010)
• Best Contract in First-Year Legal Research and Writing award recipient (2009)
University of Michigan:
• Graduate with high distinction, 2007
• Chancellor’s Scholarship Program Dean’s Scholar (2004-2007)
• Michigan Competitive Scholarship recipient
• William J. Branstrom Prize recipient (top 5% of class)
• University Honors (2004-2007)
• Delta Phi Epsilon sorority (2005-2007)
State Bar of Michigan