Miller Canfield is uniquely positioned to provide legal and business services to global firms looking to expand, invest and establish operations in the United States.
From strategically located offices in Detroit, New York, Chicago, Shanghai and Warsaw, our multi-lingual lawyers assist companies expanding into the U.S. with government regulations including immigration; tax; customs; real estate; financing; environmental due diligence, and employment issues including policies, executive compensation and EB-5s.
We represent a majority of Chinese companies making significant foreign direct investments in Michigan, as well as those with multi-state facilities. Many of these clients are in the automotive and manufacturing sectors, as well as other growing markets include technology, environmental products, renewable energy, life sciences, medical equipment, devices and educational services.
We assist clients from other Asian countries including India and Japan as well as those from Germany, Italy, Spain, other parts of the E.U. and the Middle East. Our offices across the river from Detroit in Canada and one in Mexico provide clients with seamless NAFTA coverage and access to bountiful trade treaties.
Miller Canfield helps global businesses with:
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and foreign direct investments
- Finance and banking
- Economic incentives
- Labor and employment
- Tax structures and issues
- International trade
- Manufacturing, distribution, supply, sales, licensing, and technology transfer agreements
- Intellectual property
- Real estate acquisitions/dispositions
- Renewable fuel, green energy and technology projects
- Public finance
- Private equity and venture capital investments and transactions
- International dispute resolution
- Customs and import/export controls
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance
Our knowledgeable and friendly legal team frequently provides introductions to potential customers and vendors and even assists with residential relocation for families.
With Miller Canfield’s experience and counsel, international clients can successfully establish and grow their global presence in the U.S.
- October 19, 2016The Journal of College and University Law
- October 9, 2015
- November 11, 2014