We assist clients in all aspects of global trademark and brand protection. We work closely with our clients to help them select trademarks and develop brand protection strategies designed to fit their business needs and objectives. We currently manage more than 1,900 pending and registered marks in 113 countries.
We find efficient and creative ways to protect and increase the value of our clients’ trademark portfolios. In addition to assisting clients in prosecuting, managing, and enforcing their brands on a global basis, our trademark team includes experienced trial lawyers who have handled significant infringement actions across the country. Members of our team also have considerable experience in sophisticated licensing and franchising representations.
Our trademark team provides a broad range of domestic and international trademark services including:
- Mark selection and clearance
- Registration and maintenance
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings
- Policing and enforcement
- Unfair business practices
- Domain name issues and disputes
- Global licensing
- Multinational Manufacturer Trademark and Unfair Competition Litigation
- Food Distributor Trademark Litigation
- Commercial Jetliner Manufacturer Trademark Case
- Trademark Use System Creation
- Automotive Supplier International Brand Name and Logo Clearing
- Global Beverage Manufacturer Trademark and Counterfeiting Investigation
- National Cookware Manufacturer Trade Dress Litigation
- Franchisor International Trademark Docket Maintenance
- Hospitality Industry Worldwide Trademark Portfolio Management
- Illinois intellectual property
- Mediterranean restaurant trademark dispute
- Miller Canfield actively manage global trademark portfolios of a wide range of companies, include Fortune 500 companies.
- We have successfully represented companies in infringement litigation across the country. In one, we represented The Boeing Company in a trademark tarnishment action against an adult entertainment company that was using Boeing’s famous 747® trademark.
- We regularly represent clients in a wide variety of proceedings at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. One noteworthy multi-proceeding involved two national giants in the financial services industry, at least seven trademarks, and simultaneous opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- July 9, 2015
- To File or Not to File (Before the TTAB) – Supreme Court Holds TTAB Decisions Can Have Preclusive Effect in Federal CourtMarch 25, 2015
- January 23, 2015
- June 19, 2014
- April 17, 2014
- February 13, 2014
- September 2009
- April 17, 2009