Miller Canfield Hosts Occupational Health & Safety Briefing Featuring Ontario Ministry of Labour
The law firm of Miller Canfield will host “What Employers Need to Know about Changes to the Occupational Health & Safety Act” on Thursday, May 6, from 8:30 a.m. - noon at the Ciociaro Club of Windsor (3745 N. Talbot Rd., R.R. #1, Oldcastle, Ontario).
Miller Canfield labour and employment lawyers, Bob Baksi, David McNevin, Doreen Snelling and Loretta Stoyka will make presentations concerning amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (which shall be effective June 15, 2010). Special guest, Adrien LeBlanc - Regional Program Co-coordinator from the Ontario Ministry of Labour will make a presentation regarding compliance and enforcement. Additionally, E.M. Vokes, Ph.D. & Associates; Plotnick & Associates; and Bridgewell Associates, Inc. will have representatives on hand to present information to employers from a practical perspective to assist in understanding the implications of the new law.
The program includes:
• An overview of the legislation and changes to the Act - Presented by Bob Baski, Senior Counsel and David McNevin, Principal, Miller Canfield, Windsor
• A perspective from the Ministry of Labour on compliance and enforcement - Presented by Adrien LeBlanc, Industrial Regional Program Coordinator, Western Region, Ontario Ministry of Labour
• Managing the risk assessment process prescribed by the legislation – Presented by Dr. Ted Vokes, E.M. Vokes, Ph.D. & Associates and Dr. Stewart Plotnick, Plotnick & Associates
• Developing an appropriate policy and investigating a complaint – Presented by Mary Meanwell, MBA, CHRP, Bridgewell Associates, Inc.
• Managing competing rights in the workplace: Human Rights Code and Workplace Safety and Insurance Act – Presented by Loretta Stoyka, Senior Counsel and Doreen Snelling, Associate, Miller Canfield, Windsor
The program is free of charge for attendees and includes breakfast. Space is limited; advance reservations are required. RSVP by Thursday, April 29 to Virginia Herrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.