Miller Canfield 24th Annual Labor and Employment Seminar Attracts Over 210 People in Kalamazoo
The law firm of Miller Canfield presented its 24th Annual Labor and Employment Seminar for employers on April 28, attracting over 210 people at the WMU Fetzer Center in Kalamazoo.
Miller Canfield labor and employment lawyers Megan P. Norris, Kurt N. Sherwood, Kurt P. McCamman, Pamela C. Enslen, Douglas L. Callander, Kalyn D. Redlowsk, and Leigh M. Schultz, as well as Karen McAmmond, the firm’s immigration business services manager, presented on the following topics:
- Recent ADA Amendments
- EEO Update
- Michigan's Medical Marijuana Law: Is Your Drug Testing Policy Going Up in Smoke?
- Employee Handbooks and Personnel Policies
- Employee Attendance Issues
- Dealing with a Bad Economy
- Immigration Basics
- Criminal Investigations and Employee Background Checks
Establishing sound employment policies and practices is critical to the success of a business. Miller Canfield counsels employers and keeps them informed about their legal obligations and rights as new regulations and the passage of new laws continually affect the relationship between the employer and employee.