So Your Child is 18! What Now?
Legal Realities and Issues Facing 18-year olds in the U.S. (and their Parents!)
Are you interested in hosting a speaking engagement on 18-year-olds for parents of high school students?
The presentation takes 1-1 1/2 hours and we encourage questions from the audience, as well as one-on-one time following the presentation for a more personal discussion, or to make appointments. This is a particularly "hot" topic with graduation parties, senior trips and travel - and college!
The presentation consists of:
- The legal realities of having a student who turns 18 and becomes an adult
- How it affects medical care, treatment decisions, privacy laws
- The legal responsibilities of parents for the actions of their teen and any damages resulting from their actions
- The difference of a student being treated as a minor or as an adult in the eyes of the law, and what determines that classification
- The responsibilities of a parent hosting a party with minors attending, including the legal and financial consequences of permitting underage drinking
To schedule a presentation at your worksite, contact Sandy Bera at 248.267.3345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.