- University of Illinois Law School, J.D., 1994
- Marquette University, B.A.
- New York
U.S. Court of Appeals
- Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Courts
- Central District of Illinois
- Northern District of Illinois
Supreme Court of Illinois
Paul Durbin represents financial institutions, international corporations, and governments in financings and corporate transactions.
He advises on compliance with federal and state securities laws in private placements and public debt offerings. He has also represented corporate borrowers and financial institutions in the negotiation and documentation of secured and unsecured loans and private placements.
He serves as outside corporate counsel to a wide range of early stage companies. Given his extensive experience with state and local governments, Paul works with all levels of government for clients doing business with or seeking development incentives from governmental entities. He also has represented numerous energy companies in their efforts to find suitable sites and financing required to build generation and manufacturing facilities in the United States.
Counsel to global financial institution in innovative bond offering to finance energy efficiency improvements.
Represented underwriter on compliance with securities laws in financings to construct large electrical generating facility.
Counsel to financial institutions and governmental issuers in refinancing and restructuring of outstanding debt portfolios.
Advised private equity funds on formation, investment and sale of fund assets.
Assist companies in negotiations with investors to secure equity investment and structure debt financing.
Represent European and Asian companies entering the United States market. Focus on entity formation, joint ventures and securing governmental financial incentives.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Institute for Solar Photovoltaic Innovation, Research and Edu-Training, Advisory Board Member
Honors + Awards
- Marquette University, Marquette Scholarship
- Georgetown University McDonough School of Business, Executive Education Program, International Finance and Capital Markets
Civic, Cultural + Social Activities
- SOS Children’s Villages USA, Board Member and Chair of the Governance Committee
- Canada–United States Law Institute, Presenter
"Renewable Energy Financing," McGuireWoods Illinois Renewable Energy Bulletin, November 2006
"Improving Hospital Access to Capital Financing," Chicago Hospital News, June 2003
"Bonding Agencies Consolidated into Illinois Finance Authority," Ross & Hardies Public Finance Legal Update, June 2003