University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D. 1986
University of Michigan, B.A. 1983
U.S. District Courts
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Michigan
Michael Peterman focuses his practice on loan originations, real estate sales and acquisitions and commercial leasing.
Mike represents national and regional financial institutions in all areas of commercial lending with an emphasis on real estate originations and workouts, working capital loans and international financing. In his real estate practice, he represents some of the firm’s institutional clients in connection with their site acquisition/disposition and commercial leasing requirements, whether retail, office or industrial, paying particular attention to his client's specific business requirements rather than simply their legal requirements.
- Represented lender/agent in syndicated real estate development and construction loan for 300 unit multi-phase residential development in Southeastern Michigan.
- Represented lender/agent in syndicated working capital loan facility to borrowers located in Mexico and Nicaragua.
- Represented lender/agent in secured export credit facility to Mexican borrower.
- Represented lender in real estate construction loan for a resort condominium/hotel development in Northern Michigan.
- Represented lender in real estate construction loan for a hotel in Detroit, Michigan.
- National real estate counsel to borrower in $1,000,000,000 secured credit facility.
- Real estate counsel for bank working on its national facilities requirements including the relocation of its headquarters in California and Florida.
- National real estate counsel for OEM parts supplier handling matters in over ten states.
Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law 2013-present
State Bar of Michigan
University of Detroit Law Review, Labor Law-Concerted Activity-NLRB vs. City Disposal Systems, Inc., 104 S.Ct.1505 (1984), 62 U.Det.L.Rev. 333 (1985)