- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1975
- University of Michigan, A.B.
Michael W. Hartmann
Michael Hartmann serves as the General Counsel of Miller Canfield, a position that allows him to put his many years of exceptional leadership and legal advocacy to use for the firm. He has been a commercial litigator for more than 33 years, trying numerous cases before juries, judges and arbitrators. He has extensive experience in accounting malpractice, construction and supplier disputes. He currently represents a large regional accounting firm in professional matters. He also represents two national contractors in a variety of construction issues.
From February 2007 to April 2013, Michael was the Chief Executive Officer of the firm, successfully overseeing Miller Canfield's expansion into new and emerging markets like Toronto, Mexico and Shanghai, China. Before he was CEO, he was the chairperson of the firm's managing directors for three years.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitration Panel
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Professionalism Advisory Committee
Honors + Awards
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law 1995-present; 2013 Detroit Legal Malpractice Law-Defendants Lawyer of the Year
- Benchmark Litigation, Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys, 2010-present
- Michigan Super Lawyers, General Litigation, 2008; 2010
- DBusiness Magazine, Top Lawyers, Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice and Professional Malpractice Law 2011