- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1977
- Wayne State University, B.A.
An experienced trial lawyer, Donna Donati has represented both private and public sector employers in all types of discrimination, sex and racial harassment and wrongful discharge cases in state and federal courts throughout Michigan.
She has 20 years’ experience in representing newspapers, radio stations and magazines in defamation and invasion of privacy lawsuits, as well as prepublication counseling to avoid litigation. With a recent explosion of defamation suits against employers, Donna has defended private companies, their individual officers and public sector clients in such litigation. She also is a member of the firm’s Automotive Group.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan, Labor Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Michigan Trial Lawyers' Association
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Oakland County Trial Lawyers' Association
Honors + Awards
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor & Employment Law, 2005-present
- Best Lawyers in America, Labor & Employment Law 2007-2011; Employment Law-Management and Labor Law-Management 2012-present
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Michigan Super Lawyers 2008-2009 Labor & Employment 2006-present
- Benchmark Litigation, Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2010-present
- DBusiness Magazine, Top Lawyers, Labor and Employment 2011-present
- Benchmark Litigation, Top 250 Women in Litigation 2012