University of Illinois Law School, J.D., 2007
Calvin College, B.A. 2004
Amber Sturrus' practice focuses on financial institutions and transactions and includes, among other things, the preparation and negotiation of commercial lending agreements.
Her real estate financing experience includes representing borrowers and lenders in mortgage financing, tax structured transactions, commercial mortgage backed securities, participations and debtor-in-possession and exit financing for Chapter 11 debtors.
A Grand Rapids native, she started her career at an AmLaw 100 firm in Chicago where she worked on multi-state real estate deals – including one that involved 35 different states and more than 500 properties – before moving back to her hometown.
- Served as U.S. counsel for a U.S.-Canada cross-border financing involving collateral and businesses located in several states.
- Involved in development of the Cabela's and surrounding shopping center in Grand Rapids.
- Experience in several different multi-state real estate transactions.
- Experience with several Michigan Economic Development Corporation financings where the MEDC provided collateral support or participated in the transaction.
- Experience with several syndicated financings involving multi-state real estate.
Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Up and Coming Lawyers 2014
University of Illinois Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Harno Scholar
Calvin College, B.A.
Civic, Cultural & Social Activities
Cabrini-Green Legal Aid (past)